Tasting Room Servers are responsible for all aspects of welcoming, entertaining and serving guests during their visit to the winery tasting room. This includes conducting wine tastings and winery tours, providing product information, promoting sales, assisting guests with purchases and resolving any product or service problems. Servers must be able to convey information accurately, pay attention to details, have good listening and communication skills and work well with others.
This position also requires standing for long periods of time, lifting and daily maintenance of the tasting bar which includes cleaning, stocking, washing glassware, organizing supplies and keeping track of wine inventory.
· Two years experience in hospitality or customer service related fields, retail sales, cashiering and knowledge of the wine industry preferred.
· Must possess a high level of integrity and be able to execute cashiering, cash and inventory handling in an honest manner.
· Must be respectful of customers and coworkers and be able to communicate calmly and clearly in a professional manner. Must be able to and explain products, services and special offers accurately.
· Must be dedicated to the job: able to follow instructions and all company policies, be timely and reliable, motivated and productive, self sufficient and organized.
· Wine knowledge is not required but a genuine interest and desire to learn about wine and the wine industry at work and on your own.
· Must be able to work under pressure, multi-task, meet sales expectations and maintain a positive attitude.
· Able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for long periods of time.